Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Slight diversion - Judge me do you?

Jesus said "you without sin cast the first stone"

Ok I am pretty poor, and I am very ok with that. Money does not make you happy in life although it does buy you some nude peep toe platform pumps that I so desperately need. Well you know me, I had to throw a little humor in here.





Ok I am a little spiritual, not overly, but I do have a foundation in my life and it is my belief that there is a God, he loves us all unconditionally, and we probably make him cry on a daily basis. That being said there are so many self righteous people in the world that hide behind the name of Christianity and pass judgement off on anyone and everyone they come in contact with. I have this neighbor and she is about 45 years old, divorced, has a child out of wedlock, and she often is on the same bus route as I am in the morning so I have to sit there with her each and every day. She is always kinda' rude, just not nice, and always looking at what I am wearing and mumbling things. I guess the bus route thing was the reason I brought up my financial situation, maybe I was trying to lead into this somehow and failed miserably. Oh well, back to the story, this morning this lady really upset me.

I walked out to the bus, in jeans, a pair of black strappy cork wedges, and a black t-shirt. I am carrying my book bag and  my purse and I sit down next to her on the bench. She looks down at my toes and asks, "do you do your toes yourself?" I said yes, do you think they look bad? "No" she says, "they are actually really nice." I just did them in a baby blue color and put white polka dots on them like Taylor Swift in the opening scene of her "Our Song" video. I was pretty proud of them, they are cute, and a compliment coming from this woman? Is this what I am hearing? Interesting. Well the conversation then goes on about how she spends a fortune on getting her nails done in the salon next to our apartment and that she really needs to find a better place because for that amount of money she should be taken care of better. Her polish does not last, chips easy, you know all the girl problem stuff we complain about. Anyway, I state that I do not go to salons because I simply cannot afford it so I have tried to train myself to do it as well as I can. She replies, "well if you were not living in a life of sin your Lord God would provide for you.""Excuse me? I am living in a life of sin?" I respond. She says "yes, you homosexual queers are a disgrace to the life your Lord has given you and you need to repent and pray for forgiveness." Ok to some degree she is right, I mean DON'T WE ALL? INCLUDING YOU? I looked down at the ground, stared at my toes, and tried to not cry. She didn't insult me as much as she was just yet another thorn in my side in life and I am just so worn down and tired of thorns.

The bus comes, we both board, and I sit. She walks in behind me and sits on the row right behind me and and says, "I am sorry I upset you, but you have to realize that God meant for a man to sleep with a woman and your lifestyle offends me." I turned back around and I looked her in the face and asked her the following "Do you know me? Do you know anything about the mental aspect of a transgendered person and how they see the world, themselves, those they love?" She says "No I just know homosexuals are a disgrace to God and admonished in the Bible." I respond "So is divorce, adultery, and having children out of wedlock. You don't judge yourself on these things?" She says "No because Jesus Christ has saved me and washed away all my sins." To which I respond "So people like me do not get the same?" She sits, stares at the back of my seat, and says nothing the rest of the ride in to town.

My bus stop comes, I get up, collect my things, and I looked back at her and said "I hope you have a great and blessed day and if you ever want someone to help you with your nails feel free to knock on my door. I am always happy to help someone in need, I just may need the same of someone in return one day. That is what Christian people do." She stares at me, I walk away, and as I stepped off the bus I smiled. It does pay off in life to always take the high road, trust me, it is very empowering.

May you all have a blessed and happy day!

Valerie
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment